As we are a volunteer-run organization we have limited resources at our disposal, so your help and cooperation are much appreciated. If you are interested in applying for a 10-day course at Dhamma Surabhi, please review the guidelines below. Following these guidelines will facilitate the process of registration by reducing omissions, errors, and misunderstandings so that we can reply in a timely manner.
- Please do not apply for more than one course, especially two in a row. This is applicable even when applying to be on the wait-list. We understand your desire to keep your options open, but doing so will result in administrative backlog and delays and restricts the options for other applicants.
- If you wish, you can apply for courses at nearby centres (e.g. Northwest Vipassana Center in Washington, USA) as a backup enrollment. But once you get accepted to a course at one centre, please promptly cancel the other application(s) so that another student may avail of the vacancy.
- If you are willing and able to plan ahead and would like to be assured of enrollment, choose a course that is still open or has only a short wait-list.
- If your window of opportunity is limited, you may choose a course with a wait-list. But please be advised that, we will be able to give you at the most 2 weeks notice but most of the time a week or even less.
- Please provide all the information requested. It will help us review your application faster and reduce the need to get back to you for clarifications.
- An e-mail address will greatly facilitate communication. At a minimum we require a functional contact telephone number. Please double check the e-mail address you provide. Bounced emails mean we cannot process your application and may result in lack of timely communication from us.
- In the application form, the language question pertains to your ability to understand the audio/video instructions of the teacher, S. N. Goenka, which will be in English unless the course is bilingual. Please state your proficiency in English, as a first or second language.
- When you apply for a course, you will see the Code of Discipline that you must follow during the course. It is important that you have fully understood and are willing to comply with these guidelines before applying. If you wish, you can download this document for later perusal.
Keeping these guidelines in mind, please proceed to review our schedule to apply for a course.
Once you have successfully completed the application and submited it, we will proceed with the registration of your application.